Reporter at Craig Daily Press in CRAIGCraig, 81625 | 01/14/2020 | Ad id: 8-0000527559-01
The Craig Press, a Northwest Colorado newspaper published two days a week and online daily, is seeking a reporter to cover government and healthcare. The position is responsible for covering Craig and Moffat County government, the Colorado Legislature and Northwest Colorado's healthcare field. A strong understanding of AP style is a must. Photography and video skills are also required. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in journalism and have previous experience working at newspapers.
To apply: Please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers and select job 1840.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Researches a variety of news stories through interviews, observation and/or online resources.
· Writes timely and accurate news stories that are clear, complete, objective, organized and readable. Stories must follow AP style and contain correct grammar and spelling.
· Interacts with the audience via comments and social media.
· Receives and responds to feedback, questions and complaints from readers, customers and others with input of editor.
· Takes photographs and/or shoots video to coincide with news being reported and posted.
· Works cooperatively, collaboratively and creatively with other members of the news team, including editors, other reporters, photographers and copy editors, as well as members of the sports department.
· Posts content to the Web.
· Performs high-quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Bachelor's degree in journalism or related degree.
· Writing and reporting experience.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to complete online editing and populate online forms for publication on the web.
· Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
· Sound news judgment.
· Keen eye for errors of style and substance.
· Team oriented.
· Be able to prioritize, and take pride in the details.
· Familiarity with digital and social tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.
· Software experience in Mac environment; experience with Ellington and HTML preferred.
· Valid state driver's license with reliable transportation with proof of auto insurance and safe driving record, required.
· Ability to work on a computer.
· Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Craig, CO 81625