RESOLUTION NO. 2020-01-01 A RESOLUTI80459 | 02/13/2020 | Ad id: 8-0000549597-01
RESOLUTION NO. 2020-01-01
A RESOLUTION CONCERNING A PETITION FOR THE ANNEXATION OF PROPERTY TO THE TOWN OF KREMMLING, COLORADO, KNOWN AS THE SAMMONS ANNEXATION AND FINDING THE AREA PROPOSED TO BE ANNEXED ELIGIBLE FOR ANNEXATION
WHEREAS, a petition for annexation of property described in Exhibit A attached hereto has been filed with the Board of Trustees of the Town of Kremmling; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to state law, the Town Board has held a hearing and desires to adopt by Resolution its findings in regard to the petition and eligibility for annexation.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF KREMMLING, COLORADO:
Section 1. The Town Board finds and concludes that:
1. It is desirable and necessary that the territory described in Exhibit A attached hereto and incorporated herein be annexed to the Town of Kremmling.
2. The applicable requirements of Sections 31-12-104 and 31-12-105, C.R.S., as amended, exist or have been met, including without limitation:
a. Not less than one-sixth of the perimeter of the area proposed to be annexed is contiguous with the Town of Kremmling; in accordance with Section 31-12-104(1)(a), C.R.S., contiguity may be established by the annexation of two or more parcels in a series.
b. A community of interest exists between the area proposed to be annexed and the Town of Kremmling.
c. The area proposed to be annexed is urban or will be urbanized in the near future.
d. The area proposed to be annexed is integrated with or is capable of being integrated with the Town of Kremmling.
e. No land within the boundary of the territory proposed to be annexed which is held in identical ownership, whether consisting of one tract or parcel of real estate or two or more contiguous tracts or parcels of real estate, has been divided into separate parts or parcels without the written consent of the landowner or landowners thereof, unless such tracts or parcels were separated by a dedicated street, road, or other public way.
f. No land within the boundary of the area proposed to be annexed which is held in identical ownership, whether consisting of one tract or parcel of real estate or two or more contiguous tracts or parcels of real estate, comprising twenty acres or more, and which, together with the buildings and improvements situated thereon, has an assessed value in excess of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000.00) for ad valorem tax purposes for the year next preceding the annexation, has been included within the area proposed to be annexed without the written consent of the landowners.
g. No annexation proceedings have been commenced for any portion of the territory proposed to be annexed for the annexation of such territory to another municipality.
h. The annexation of the territory proposed to be annexed will not result in the detachment of area from any school district.
i. The annexation of the territory proposed to be annexed will not have the effect of extending the boundary of the Town of Kremmling more than three miles in any direction from any point of the boundary of the Town of Kremmling in any one year.
J. The territory proposed to be annexed is 0.944 acres, more or less.
k. The Comprehensive Plan adopted by the Town of Kremmling shall serve as the plan for the area proposed to be annexed, in accordance with Section 3 l-12-105(1)(e), C.R.S.
1. Any portion of a platted street or alley to be annexed will result in the entire width of the street or alley having been included within and made a part of the Town of Kremmling and reasonable access will not be denied to any landowners, owners of any easement, or the owners of any franchise adjoining any platted street or alley which is to be annexed to the Town of Kremmling but is not bounded on both sides by the Town of Kremmling.
3. Four copies of an annexation map of each of the area proposed to be annexed have been submitted to the Town Board and are on file with the Town.
4. Upon the annexation ordinance becoming effective, all land within the area proposed to be annexed will become subject to all ordinances, resolutions, rules, and regulations of the Town of Kremmling, except that general property taxes of the Town of Kremmling, if applicable, shall become effective as of the January 1 next ensuing.
5. No election for annexation of the area proposed to be annexed has been held in the preceding twelve months, and no election is required under Sections 31-12107 (2) or -112, C.R.S.
6. No additional terms and conditions are to be imposed other than those set forth in the annexation petition or otherwise agreed to by all owners, which are not to be considered additional terms and conditions within the meaning of Sections 31-12107 (1 )(g), -110(2) or 112, C.R.S.
7. The landowners of one hundred percent (100%) of the area proposed to be annexed signed the petition requesting annexation, in compliance with Article II, Section 30 of the Colorado Constitution and Section 31-12-107(1), C.R.S.
Section 2. The Town Board concludes that all statutory requirements have been met, that the proposed annexation is proper under the laws of the State of Colorado and the area proposed to be annexed is eligible for annexation to the Town. The Town Board, acting in its legislative capacity and pursuant to authority granted to it by state law, may adopt one or more ordinances annexing the subject property to the Town of Kremmling.
INTRODUCED, READ, and ADOPTED this 5th day of February, 2020.
Grover Pryor, Mayor
Joanna Eaton, Town Clerk EXHIIBIT A -LEGAL DESCRIPTION
A parcel ofland in the northwest quarter of Section 17, Township 1 N., Range 80 W. of the 6th P.M., Grand County, Colorado, containing 0.944 Acres more or less, being more particularly described as follows:
Beginning at the Southwesterly comer of said parcel, on the Northerly R-O-W Colorado State Highway 9, whence the NW comer of Section 17, TlN, R80W, 6th P.M. bears N51 °20'00"w a distance of 3013.44 feet; Thence S68°12'22"E, along said Northerly R-O-W a distance of 86.81 feet, to the Westerly R-OW of GCR 396 as created by plat at Reception No. 2002014151; Thence N2°35'36"E, and along said Westerly R-O-W, a distance of 82.55 feet, to a point of curvature; Thence along a curve concave SE, contiguous with said Westerly R-O-W, having a Radius of 778.89 feet and a Central angle of l 7°40'47"a length of 240.34 feet and whose Long Chord bears Nl 1 °26'19"E a Distance of239.39 feet; Thence, continuing along said Westerly R-O-W, N20°16'43"E a Distance of 148.66 feet, to a point on the Southerly boundary of Grand County Fairgrounds as described at Boook 203, Page 119 of the records of Grand County; Thence S55°35'30"W, along said boundary, a Distance of 206.15 feet; Thence N78°39'30"W, along said boundary, 21.40 feet, to the NW comer of Hill Addition to the Town of.Kremmling described at Reception No. 137172 of the records of Grand County; Thence S0l 025'03"1E, contiguous with said Hill Addition, a Distance of 312.12 feet to the Point of Beginning.
Published in the Middle Park Times on February 13, 2020. 0000549597